My own shortlist (from the shortlist) is....
- Coldplay - Clocks (from the best Coldplay album, back when they knew how to write songs)
- Elbow - One Day Like This (as long as it's the album version and not the shorter single)
- Fleet Foxes - Mykonos
- Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out (the best song they've made and still wonderful)
- Johnny Cash - Hurt (a heartfelt rendition of the Trent Reznor masterpiece by a timeless genius)
- The Killers - Mr Brightside (one of my favourite mood-lifting songs)
- Kings Of Leon - Molly's Chambers (the only KOL song I like - and a great pop song)
- Laura Marling - Sophia
- LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends (not as great as Losing My Edge or the Pretentious version of Yeah but still great)
- Midnight City - M83
- Mumford & Sons - The Cave (between this and Little Lion Man)
- The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio (as close to perfect as it gets)
- Noah & The Whale - Five Years Time (for Laura - and because it's more perfect pop)
- Richard Hawley - Tonight The Streets Are Ours (sublime)
- Sigur Ros - Hoppipola (uplifting, mesmerising and beautiful - one of my Desert Island Discs)
- The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (awesome)
And too many bands and artists missing to mention. Death Cab For Cutie, to mention one.
I voted for Sigur Ros but could have gone for The Killers, The National or Laura Marling.
Voting closes on Friday 25th February 2013.