Monday 1 September 2008

August 2008 Word Cloud

This is more of a blogging post than a music one, but...well, read on...

I found an interesting site called Wordle which can be used to generate Word Clouds from text and websites/blogs.

I generated this in about 30 seconds and judging by the words it seems to just focus on the main page and not spider the entire blog. So very specific words like 'Queen' and 'Proceed' appear from recent reviews as well as names etc. What is also interesting (to me at least!) is this highlights words I use most often. Favourites include: 'notably', 'always', 'sounds', 'guitar' (and 'guitars'), 'engaging', 'opening' as well as common words such as 'just', 'like', 'new' etc. Predicatbly the big words are 'album', 'single', 'song', 'vocals', 'review' and oddly 'work'.

I will add a few to some album reviews :)

Here is one I did for the August 2008 Music Chart. I skewed it so that the top 20 are more prominent. One other problem is that eponymous albums get more weighting.

No comments: